Cheesy Chicken Parmesan-Stuffed Rolls
24 dinner rolls
6 cloves minced garlic
1 onion chopped
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon basil
½ teaspoon chili flakes
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups marinara sauce
1 pound shredded rotisserie/cooked chicken
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Carve out a deep hole in the center of the dinner rolls. Press down the bottom of the bun to create a denser bottom layer.
- Add olive oil, onion, and garlic to a skillet and cook for about 20 minutes or until caramelized and softened.
- Add the oregano, basil, chili flakes, pepper, salt, marinara, chicken, and parmesan cheese. Cook until well combined, reduced, thick, and heated through.
- Put one thin slice of fresh mozzarella at the bottom of the dinner roll hole, fill with approximately ¼ cup of the chicken parmesan mixture, and top with another slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake rolls for 15 minutes or until the bread has darkened a little, the chicken mixture is bubbling, and the cheese melts.
- Let cool slightly, sprinkle with chopped fresh basil, and serve.
If these instructions weren’t enough, head over to the recipe video made just for this dish here!