Shrimp Po Boy Sliders
Just in time for Fat Tuesday!
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 12 Slider buns
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, for serving
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, for serving
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge shrimp in milk mixture then toss in flour mixture until coated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 2″ of oil until the oil is shimmering. Fry shrimp until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make remoulade: Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, parsley, and green onions.
- Build sandwiches: Spread remoulade on the bottom slider buns and top with fried shrimp, lettuce, and tomatoes. Top with slider bun tops.
Are these directions not enough? Check out the recipe video made specifically for this item here.